Sunday, June 20, 2010

Medal of Honor Multiplayer Closed Beta Review



So Gamestop finally got the beta keys for MOH and since i pre-ordered the game, I got it. Now the beta is only available on June 21st but since I had an EA account with Battlefield Badcompany 2 VIP, I was able to play yesterday on PS3.

First off, this is just a beta, so don't expect it to run great. Out of all the times I played the game froze my PS3 a total of 6 times and that's within an hour. It seemed that this only happens when you get a huge score streak(similar to killstreaks in Call of Duty).
The controls are almost exactly like Call of Duty except the your secondary weapon(grenade launcher, rocket launcher, C4, etc) would be on L2 for PS3 and RB for Xbox. I really got confused with the controls at first because the game looks like Battlefield(since it's the same engine), so I ended up pressing the wrong buttons for example: I used melee when I thought it was crouch. The graphics aren't the best like you've probably seen on gameplay trailers either. Gameplay wise I still had fun with it. There are no perks taking away from realism like Call of Duty and overpowered launchers neither.
For he beta, you start off with 3 classes with their own distinct weapons for each. Just like in Battlefield, you be a class and unlock weapons/attachements for the class on their own when leveling up. The game run faster than Battlefield which I liked. The download file was only 616MB which I found surprising.
EA would probably release a patch before the initial launch date on the 21st of the month where more people are expected to play(those who pre-ordered and don't have the VIP). This game looks very promising right now. I think it'll be a tough competitor to Call of Duty Black Ops which releases November 9th, 2010 while this releases a month before at October 12, 2010.

^LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment